Microsoft presented today at D365UG summit on some of the new UI, Financials, and Production features available.
Presenters: Jason Green, Mike Faulkner, Philippe Jacobsen
Check the Release notes for the specific estimated release date of these features. Some may be released in early 2019 or beyond.
I covered some of the enhancements to the web client released in Platform 20 in a previous post.
Collapsible navigation in menus will simplify finding a menu item.
New options will be available for saved views on forms, which allows for multiple personalizations on a form.
New grid capabilities will include:
- Improved scrolling – more data will be held client side so the scroll is more accurate and not paginated
- Filter/sort on any column including “display fields”
- Excel-style column filtering – pick filters from list
- Grand totals on grids
- Grouping and subtotaling on grids
- Cross-column search
- Remove 10,000 record Download to Excel limit – not infinite, probably 1 million records
I’ll be doing an upcoming live AXUG webinar on October 31st called “What’s New in the D365 for Finance and Operations Fall 2018 Release (8.1, Platform 20)” that will cover many of the new features discussed during the session and will include live demos.
The Revenue Recognition features are used when billing is done at a summary Sales Order level, but the Revenue needs to be split out. New capabilities will be added to allow for this split.
Enterprise Credit Management
Ability to put orders on hold and have global credit limits.
All kinds of Performance improvements.